2019 "Channel Cup" Industrial Design Contest (Jinjiang)
2019 Channel Cup Industrial Design Contest（Jinjiang） (hereinafter referred to as “contest”) is to be held, with the aim of implementing Fujian Provincial Government’s Eight Measures to Promote Integration between Cultural Creation, Design Service and Industry (No. 54 Minzheng 2014) , of connecting the manufacturing enterprises with excellent industrial design works and talents home and abroad, of promoting the upgrading and restructure of Fujian manufacturing industry, as well as its in-depth integration with excellent industrial designs.
Intelligent Manufacturing with Top Designs
1. To build a platform for linking industrial design and manufacturing
2. To promote the integration of manufacturing and industrial design.
3. To inspire the innovative spirit and collaborative effort towards industrial design on both sides across the Taiwan Straits.
4. To attract outstanding industrial design institutes and talents from home and abroad.
1. Directed by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of PRC
2. Hosted by Fujian Provincial Department of Industry and Information Technology, Municipal People's Government of Quanzhou,
Organized by Municipal People's Government of Jinjiang, Quanzhou Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology, Jinjiang Industrial Design and Creative Fashion Association
3.Joint-Organized by China National Instructive Sub-committee of Industrial Design Education .Design Institute of Taiwan, China, Industrial Design Association of Fujian Province, Industrial Design Association of Quanzhou City, Strait International Design Network
5. Sponsored by China Industry Daily, Education society of Chinese Textile and Clothing, Taiwan Industry and Design Association, Taiwan Perceptual Association, Hong Kong Design Centre,Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), Germany Handwork Association (HWK), Associazione di arte e cultura contemporanea Cina e Italia (ADCI), Association of Portuguese and Chinese Culture, Purdue University ,American Metropolitan University,The University of Houston .Arizona State University,University of Illinois at Chicago,Architecture School of the University of Florence, Italy LABA College of Fine Arts, Portugal ESAD College of Art and Design, University of Canakkale, Western Timisoara University of Romania, Tokyo University of Science, Industrial Design Association of Guangdong Province, Industrial Design Association of Zhejiang Province etc.
6. An Organizing Committee should be established for The 2019 “Channel Cup”Industrial Design Contest (Jin Jiang) with a Chairman assumed by the branch leader of Fujian provincial department of Industry and Information techonlogy and several Vice Chairmen assumed by the branch leader of Quanzhou municipal government, the head of Jinjiang municipal government and officials from the China National Instructive Sub-committee of Industrial Design Education. Members of the committee should be composed of officials from the host units, joint organizers and sponsoring units.
7. An Organizing Committee Office should be established to serve the Organizing Committee, with a director assumed by the head of Quanzhou Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology, an Executive Deputy Director assumed by the branch leader of the Jinjiang municipal government, two Deputy Directors assumed by the head of Service Industry Office of Fujian provincial department of Industry and Information techonlogy and branch leader of Quanzhou Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology. Other members of the office should be composed of officials from Fujian provincial department of Industry and Information techonlogy, China National Instructive Sub-committee of Industrial Design Education, Quanzhou Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology, Jinjiang Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology, Industrial Design Association of Fujian Province, Industrial Design Association of Quanzhou City, Jinjiang Industrial Design and Creative Fashion Association and Fujian Technology Development Base of Industrial Design, Service and Manufacturing Industry.
Five categories are set as follows around Fujian Province’s key manufacturing industries:
This category includes products or services in the fields of transportation, manufacturing devices and tools etc, focusing on the designs of intelligent manufacturing and hi-end technology.
This category includes products or services in the fields of electronic information, daily consumer goods and home life etc, focusing on designs with the spirit of information interaction and human care.
This category includes daily life/ working/ sport clothing products or services focusing on the designs combining art, quality and fashion.
This category includes products or services in footwear of sports/ leisure/ health-care types, focusing on the combination of sports science and lifestyle.
Products or services focus on designs with innovation and commercial value and do not belong to above 4 categories fall in this category.
(1) 1 Gold Award, 2 Silver Awards, 3 Bronze Awards, 10 Recognition Awards, and a number of Nominee Awards winners will be selected from each category separately.
(2) A Top Award will be selected from the 5 gold award winners.
(3) Top/ Gold/ Silver/ Bronze winners will be awarded with prize, certificate and trophy.
(4) Recognition and Nominee Award winners will be awarded with prize and certificate.
(1) Prize for Top Award winner is 300,000RMB ( including 200,000RMB reward of contest and 100,000RMB reward of design execution. )
(2) Prize for Gold Award winner is 100,000RMB ( including 70,000RMB reward of contest and 30,000RMB reward of design execution. )
(3) Prize for Silver Award winner is 50,000RMB ( including 30,000RMB reward of contest and 20,000RMB reward of design execution. )
(4) Prize for Bronze Award winner is 30,000RMB ( including 20,000RMB reward of contest and 10,000RMB reward of design execution. )
(5) Prize for Recognition Award and Nominee Award winner is 5,000RMB and 2,000RMB respectively.
(1) Groups invited to the contest with no less than 40 pieces of works and team leaders . (contestants can sign up as a team of up to 5 persons)will receive certificate of Outstanding Group and 10,000RMB subsidy.
(2) 5 more Outstanding Group Awards will be set. Each award group will receive certificate and prize of 20,000RMB.
(3) A number of excellent tutors will be selected and awarded with certificate.
* Top Prize winner does not enjoy prize for Gold Award winner at the same time.
* After awards ceremony,winners will receive reward of contest; After the winners put their works into operation and achieve mass production in Fujian, they will receive reward of design execution.
* For individual award winners who take up employment or start up business in Fujian province, their execution reward method is to be worked out.
* The amount of money referred to above is pre-tax amount.
Domestic and foreign manufacturing enterprises, design institutes, college teachers and students, designers, or design amateurs are all welcomed to take part in this contest.
Contestants can sign up as a team of up to 5 persons.
The contest doesn’t allow works that are same or similar to existing published works and that have won awards in other industrial design competitions.
Responsibilities are born by the contestant in case there is a dispute. The organizing committee will reserve the right to unilaterally disqualify the contestant, and cancel the award and prize at any stage of the competition.
Either a conceptual idea of future production methods, or a revolutionary alternative to traditional products, the contestants’ works can be presented in tangible products, graphics, documents or models.
Designers of Industrial products or consumer products are encouraged to pay more attention to practicability and creativity in the work’s appearance, structure, material, function or color etc.
(4) The Organizing Committee will display the shortlisted entries on contest official website www.fjcid.com. During the display period, anyone who has question about the contestant’s qualification or work’s intellectual property rights can send relevant evidence to mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org. The organizing committee will disqualify related constant upon verification.
*The contest is linked with "BaMin Cup" Cross-strait College Student Design Workshop, the third Jinjiang Swimwear Design Competition, the second China "Umbrella City Cup" International Umbrella Design Competition. Works Submitted to above mentioned events are allowed to submitted to the contest at the same time.
Applicants shall send relevant photos, graphics, documents as well as the application form (see Appendix 1) to mailbox email@example.com. Applicant’s information is subject to the submitted materials.
The entries must be submitted on a 1 to 5 pages of A3 size vertical layout (420mm high x 297mm wide, 300dpi resolution, JPG format), except for the Apparel Group and Footwear Group, which are in horizontal layout. It is encouraged to submit a series of works under a same theme for works of Apparel.
The first page of the layout should include the name of the work, design concept, effect drawing and instruction. The following pages can introduce the work in details including designing theme, concept, effect drawing, photos or process description.
All the texts should be either in Chinese or English, clear and readable. the internal character number is 12pt, the page number and the total number of pages should be marked.
The name of the designer/ institutes/enterprises shall not appear on the application materials, otherwise the application will be considered invalid.
*One applicant is welcomed to submit more than one piece of work on condition that each piece of work be submitted only to one category ( otherwise the application is considered invalid).
Submission of video is optional.
The video shall last shorter than 60 seconds with a maximum size of 10MB and format limited to MOV, WMV, AVI, SWF, MPEG, MPG.
Finalists shall provide their works in kind or in model.
Finalists come to the contest without bringing their works in kind or model will be considered as a waiver.
After the contest, the organizing committee will keep the works of Top award/Gold/Silver/Bronze/ Recognition Award winners permanently. The other contestants are supposed to bring back their works. If not, the organizing committee will keep them for a month and has the right to dispose them after a month.
Deadline for application is Aug. 1th, 2019.
In late August, the Organizing Committee will set up an initial evaluation panel to select qualified works from the five categories of contestants.
From late August to early September, re-evaluation will be conducted and the finalists works of the five groups will be confirmed and publicized on the official website www.fjcid.com.
In mid-September, the organizing committee will notify the finalists to send their works in kind or models for public exhibition in Jinjiang International Industrial Design Park.
In mid-late October, Contestants will be invited for on-the-spot display and defense . The final evaluation expert panel will select Gold/Silver/Bronze/Recognition Awards of the five categories respectively. A top award will be selected form the 5 Gold Award winners.
At this stage, the winner of Outstanding Group Awards will also be determined by the organizing Committee's awards evaluation committee, according to each group’s total number of submitted works and the number of finalists .
At mid-late October, 2019 Channel Cup Industrial Design Contest（Jinjiang）awards ceremony is to be held. Awards winners and all works of life will be invited for the ceremony.
A design workshop for finalist volunteers is also to be held at this stage. Representatives from Fujian manufacturing enterprises, crowd-funding platforms, venture capitalists as well as evaluators and contestants will be invited to attend this event.
Office Address: Room 505, Building 1, International Industrial Design Park, Qingyang Hongshan Cultural and Creative Industry Park, Jinjiang City, Fujian Province;
Contacts: Chen Liping, Bao Lianhua;
Phone Number: +86-0595-82682939
Email Address: hxbfjjj@126. com.